nabi OS 1.1.2 ENHANCEMENTS & FIXES
1. Real-time management of FoozKids apps content and multiple kids accounts when making changes through the Parental Dashboard on www.foozkids.com.
2. Automatic memory management that ensures sufficient memory availability at all times.
3. Enhanced WiFi connectivity.
4. Reduced screen freezing with improved touch screen driver.
5. Two fixes when using a Micro SD Card to free up internal storage space.
a. The ability to move apps onto the Micro SD Card.
b. The ability to access the apps on the Micro SD Card, after the card has been ejected and reinserted into the tablet.
6. Cell Standby has been removed from Battery Use display. (Device Settings > About Device > Battery Use)
nabi OS 1.1 ENHANCEMENTS & FIXES
7. Smoother and faster screen swiping!
8. Multiple child support from a single parental account.
9. Enables Kidz Mode ad-blocking, which disables external browser links
10. Ability to customize content within the FoozKids apps (Web, Videos, Games and Crafts) through the FoozKids Parental Dashboard.
11. Introduction of the Fetch It, the app recommendation engine, built into the Nabi App Zone.
12. Screen Freezing caused by too many apps running in the background (a flaw in the Android 2.2 OS) is eliminated with the introduction of an automated task manager which ensures these apps are closed when children move their attention to a different app.
PREREQUISITE: Upgrading to nabi 1.1.2 OS, requires a Micro SD Card and SD Card Adapter. These are readily available for a minimal cost at your local big box, electronics and camera retailers. A minimum 1GB card is required, though 16-32GB (Class 6 or 10) cards are recommended if you intend to store photos, home videos, movies and additional apps.
1. Move as many installed apps to Internal Device Storage, as possible. This will reduce the number of apps that you will have to reinstall after the update.
a. Go to Device Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > On SD Card.
b. Select an app that is installed on the SD Card.
c. Select the Move to Device button.
d. Once the app has successfully moved, hit the Back Key.
e. Repeat Steps b-d until you run out of apps or you receive a low memory warning.
f. Any remaining apps shown under the On SD Card tab should be Uninstalled, as they are stored under /Nand/ and will not work after the update is installed.
2. If you have any files on your Micro SD Card copy them to a folder on your computer.
UPGRADING TO nabi OS 1.1.2
1. On the nabi Tablet website, download the update file located under the Software Updates page to your computer. https://www.nabitablet.com/support/softwareupdate
2. There are different instructions for both Windows and Mac computers.
Take your time and follow the steps outlined. Do not skip anything. Most issues that occur with the installation are because a step was missed.
AFTER THE UPGRADE
1. Delete all of the update installation files off of the Micro SD Card.
2. Move all of the files that you copied off of the Micro SD Card prior to the upgrade back onto the card.
3. Relocate the apps that were moved to the Device storage prior to the upgrade onto the Micro SD Card.
a. Ensure that the Micro SD Card is inserted into the tablet.
b. Go to Device Settings > SD Card & Device Storage > External Storage Choice and select Use SD Card.
c. Hit the Back Key.
d. Go to Device Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Downloaded.
e. Select an app that is installed on the Device.
f. Select the Move to SD Card button.
g. Once the app has successfully moved, hit the Back Key.
h. Repeat Steps e-g until you have as many apps moved to the Micro SD Card as you'd like.
4. Reinstall any apps that you had to uninstall prior to the upgrade from the appropriate app store(s).
Tip: When in the app store hit the Menu Key and select My Apps to see all of the apps associated with your account.
RECOMMENDED CUSTOMIZATIONS & APP INSTALLATIONS
1. If you haven't already done so you can install alternative markets, such as the Amazon AppStore and Google Play Store (formerly the Android Market), by following videos under the Fan-A-Techs Facebook section or walking through the step by step instructions in the Installing Alternative Markets blog post.
2. Once the upgrade is complete you can optionally customize your child's avatar by following the step by step instructions outlined in the Customizing Your Child's FoozKids Avatar blog post.
3. You can also customize the content of the FoozKids apps (Web, Videos, Games, Crafts) by following the step by step instructions listed in the Customizing FoozKids Apps on Nabi blog post.
4. Finally if you'd like to be able to rent, stream and/or download movies to your tablet, you can install Google Play Movies (formerly Google's Videos app) by following the step by step instructions outlined in the Going to the Movies - The Sequel! blog post.